Incorrect File and Artist in Local Files

Recently I downloaded some music and edited it in iTunes, to then put on my Spotify. I had the artist, ASTRO, loaded up into my Local Files from my music folder. Now, I had 16 ASTRO songs, but one appeared by an artist called Astro Joey, with a very similar name that I had never heard of. It even had Astro Joey's album cover art. When I pressed play, it played ASTRO's actual song. (Additionally, their song "I am a Star" appeared, instead of ASTRO's "Star".) 

I tried to defeat this bug, so I tried again, putting the songs I wanted on my Local Files into a new folder and sourcing it from there. Instead, the same bug happened, but this time TWICE! Replacing yet another song from ASTRO, "Polaris" with the same titled song from someone called "Man or Astro-Man?".

In both cases, the album name changed to seemingly fit the new artist's album. 

I don't understand what the problem is. Not once in my life had I ever heard of either of these artists, let alone downlaoded their music. I have no idea how to fix this. Please help me out!!

(if it helps anyone at all, I'm using an Acer on Windows 10, and spotify Premium)

wtf joey.PNG
wtf astroman.PNG

Hey @maryhxpng,

Could you let us know the version of Spotify you're using? It'd be great if you could also check the steps here and here.

Let us know how it goes :)

/L 

0 Likes

Related Ideas

Comments
Spotify
Spotify

Hey @maryhxpng,

Could you let us know the version of Spotify you're using? It'd be great if you could also check the steps here and here.

Let us know how it goes :)

/L 

Sophia
Roadie

Thanks for getting back to us with that info @maryhxpng!

In this case, we'd recommend reinstalling the app. Here's how

Also, can you try changing the metadata of your local files? 

Let us know if this makes any difference. We'll be here for you :)

Sophia, 

Alejandro_C
Spotify Legend

Hey @maryhxpng!

Since we haven't heard back from you in a while, we're closing this thread.

Feel free to contact us if you need anything else.