Interfacing with 3rd party music services like Pandora.

The idea is to have Spotify capture more of the songs I play.  I listen to pandora, last.fm, turntable.fm, and google music.  Only about 10% of the music I play is actually recorded through Spotify.  I believe it should be 100%.

So, you allow your users to listen to pandora through Spotify.  Spotify get's each users music information (for social media).  Obvoiusly you want to go after more services than just pandora.  Maybe you can gain market share in this area and become the music API.

Your probably asking: how do you go about doing this?  There is an application which allows you to do this already.  Called Musicality.  The trick will be to duplicate the functionality of Musicality while pulling the music which is being played.

Musicality...

Musicality Screenshot

Just an idea.  Thanks for reading!

Best,

Jason Hejna

Incase your looking for UX / UI designers, specifically me, I would be interested in working at Spotify.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas