International English and date format

My Spotify is set to "English (English)", but it really seems like it's "US English". These are not the same thing. Spotify is a European company; why is it using US English, let alone passing off US English as "English", as if it's some standard for the world? US English is used by only 24% of the English-speaking population of the world. Please change this to international English (i.e., Oxford English), or at least British English.

Also, all dates are in the MDY date format. Why? I don't understand this, Spotify. You are a company based in Europe with customers worldwide, and yet you keep pandering to the 4% of the world that uses MDY dates (i.e., only the US). Please change the date format to the DMY date format ("DD Month YYYY") for full dates, as codified in the RFC 2822 specification, or ISO 8601 ("YYYY-MM-DD") for numeric dates. The latter is even the standard in Sweden where Spotify is based.

Updated on 2021-06-23

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Ideas about pricing, subscription or content related requests. We cannot influence those

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-23

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’ll be closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• Ideas about pricing, subscription or content related requests. We cannot influence those

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.