Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

Interrupt music and sound alarm when you are on collision course with a car, bus, train or tram

Dear Spotify,

My idea is quite simple and, if possible, it could save lives.

Talking to one of the Non-Executive Directors of the GVB (GVB manages the public transportation in and around Amsterdam), it got clear to me that more and more people are wearing headphones while participating in traffic and that this is causing more and more casualties every year.

He asked me if there was a solution where a driver of a bus, train, tram or even a car could manage to interrupt the music coming out of the headphones to warn pedestrians and cyclists of their presence.

After some short research I found a paper on how the microphone of a smartphone could detect the sound of a carhorn. I figured that if it could do that than it will also be possible to interrupt the music and sound an alarm when recognizing busses, trams and trains horning.

The paper can be found here.

Being (one of) the largest providers of music in the streets/traffic you could consider adding this solution to your software and thereby save hundreds or maybe even thousands lives and injuries in the future.

Kind regards,

Max W.

Updated: 2015-12-03

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Carina
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as "new idea" as this slightly differs from this idea, which requests stopping the music when calling the listeners name.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-12-03

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!