Knock phone to add current song to Your Music.

Hi!

I often listen to music when I'm driving. And when driving, I like to listen to new playlists. At the moment there's no simple way to add current song to a playlist. Could there be some kind of gesture or a button short cut to add song to starred or whatever?

Updated: 2015-12-22

This idea was submitted more than one year ago but, unfortunately, hasn’t gained enough kudos during that time (50 kudos/year). To keep an overview of the active
ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe next time it will gain the necessary support from the
community.

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Hi, before I set a status for this idea, can you clarify a few points? 

1. What platform would you like to see this on (iOS, Android, etc.)?

2. Starred is phased out from Spotify (currently, it's just a normal playlist): would you want this gesture to add the song to Your Music, which has replaced the Starred system?

3. What type of gesture do you mean by 'knock'? Would you hit the phone itself, or tap the screen, etc.?

viniss
Casual Listener

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

1. What platform would you like to see this on (iOS, Android, etc.)?

I'm using iOS - so that would be my vote. Don't know if it's technically possible for iOS.

2. Starred is phased out from Spotify (currently, it's just a normal playlist): would you want this gesture to add the song to Your Music, which has replaced the Starred system?

Yes exactly that. I use it for the songs that I don't have a playlist yet. It's like a limbo playlist.

3. What type of gesture do you mean by 'knock'? Would you hit the phone itself, or tap the screen, etc.?

Optimally it would be two/three hits on the phone while it's in the pocket. But basically it doesn't matter if it would be +- buttons pressed simultaneously or even something else. You name it.

Spotify has come a long way in the discovering of new music for the users, but I think that we aren't there yet. And at the moment it isn't about how to listen new music, it's how to store the songs you like.

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-12-22

This idea was submitted more than one year ago but, unfortunately, hasn’t gained enough kudos during that time (50 kudos/year). To keep an overview of the active
ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe next time it will gain the necessary support from the
community.