Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Limit Number of Tracks Synced/Downloaded in a Given Playlist

The idea: be able to limit the number of tracks downloaded/synced for an offline playlist. 

Example: suppose a followed playlist containing three hundred tracks. The idea would give the option to limit the number of tracks downloaded/synced offline: "Limit download to first 25/50/100 tracks" or "Limit download to 100 random tracks."

Reasoning: (1) following a longer playlist (i.e., 300 tracks) that is updated frequently and marked for download results or may result in near constant downloading/syncing on a mobile device, and (2) a 300 track playlist limited to the first or random 25/50/100 tracks would permit more space for other playlists while still offering the listener a substantial taster of what that playlist has to offer.

Kudos appreciated if you appreciate this idea.

Updated: 2015-08-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Roadie

@oeco wrote:

The idea: be able to limit the number of tracks downloaded/synced for an offline playlist. 

Example: suppose a followed playlist containing three hundred tracks. The idea would give the option to limit the number of tracks downloaded/synced offline: "Limit download to first 25/50/100 tracks" or "Limit download to 100 random tracks."

Reasoning: (1) following a longer playlist (i.e., 300 tracks) that is updated frequently and marked for download results or may result in near constant downloading/syncing on a mobile device, and (2) a 300 track playlist limited to the first or random 25/50/100 tracks would permit more space for other playlists while still offering the listener a substantial taster of what that playlist has to offer.

Kudos appreciated if you appreciate this idea.

Great idea, My iPhone only has 16GB so aren't able to download all my songs.
In the meantime you can put the songs you want to like in a new playlist and download them 

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

I've just released a web app that allows you to create a limited-size playlist containing songs randomly sampled from a set of Spotify sources (library+playlists). Perhaps this will fill your needs until an official solution is presented?

The web app is called Shufflify and you can find it here: http://shufflify.alexjf.net.

If you wan to have an idea of how it works, check the screenshots here: http://www.alexjf.net/projects/web/shufflify/

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-08-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!