Linux Client: Better Gnome Support

I have been using the latest Linux Client preview for a while and it runs very well even though there are some ocassional bugs. However, the app still doesn't integrate completely with the Gnome desktop, specially 3.2-3.4. Here are some small ideas that I had about how to make the linux client integrate better with Gnome:

Updated: 2015-03-31

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments

I'm not sure what license he uses (I'd imagine GPL or something similar), but there is a great Linux app for Pandora that integrates the media keys and displays song info when the next one starts (which would be another nice feature).  The Spotify Linux team may want to take a look at it as they might be able to quickly get the media keys working:

http://kevinmehall.net/p/pithos/

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

I found a python wrapper script which better integrates the spotify client with gnome at https://github.com/jreese/spotify-gnome

While the spotify crew does not make these changes, is there any fix to remove the title bar in the program? I'm using Ubuntu Gnome 14.10.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-03-31

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!