Local File Support for Windows Phone -_-

I find it strange that this has not already been implemented as it is a rather basic function. The Spotify app for Windows Phone does not have local file support, which means that I can't add local files into my Spotify playlist. The reason why this is frustrating is that it is supported for IOS and Android, therefore it is not excuse to say that "it is not supported".

I don't understand why this is taking so long to implement as it should have been one of the first features added to the app itself. I highly doubt that the problem is at Microsoft's end and this is really is a deal breaker for me. Many artist and songs that I listen to are not available on Spotify (an entirely separate issue altogether) , which means that I have to resort to local files. I am a paying premium customer and I therefore expect to be able to listen to local files with my Spotify playlists on my Windows Phone.

It is ridiculous that this feature has not been added yet, step up your game Spotify.....

Sadly Spotify said that it will no longer update the WP7 app which this idea is referring to.
However a WP8 app has been launched and exactly this feature has been requested again for the new app. You can check it out here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-quot-Local-Files-Syncing-quot-to-Windows-Phone-App...

Add your kudos there please if you want to see it for the WP8 app! ;)
Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Bump.

stnc

I really hope this feature is added soon, I'm honestly considering downgrading my Spotify service because of this. It's pretty crazy that even the WebOS version of Spotify lets you sync local files, and that OS isn't supported anymore.

myrccy
Regular

Indeed very strange that it ain't implemented already. 

Want this. Very much. 

Kidnose

Stumbled upon this thread through Google as I also thought it was weird I couldn't transfer my local files. Well, this explains it.

A strong Yes-vote from me, this is something that should have been here from the very beginning..

Good initiative, Glitch.

user-removed
Not applicable

Folks this has been a known issue (Android support for sort by trackname, artist, album, etc; manual ordering) for nearly a year, possibly longer.

As a premium user I'd say it's in my top 2-3 features I'd like to see added ASAP.

Liam
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Sadly Spotify said that it will no longer update the WP7 app which this idea is referring to.
However a WP8 app has been launched and exactly this feature has been requested again for the new app. You can check it out here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-quot-Local-Files-Syncing-quot-to-Windows-Phone-App...

Add your kudos there please if you want to see it for the WP8 app! ;)