Lock offline playlist

It would be really useful to have a feature that allows you to lock a playlist in offline mode. It's pretty easy to accidentally switch off offline mode by accident and then you lose the playlist instantly if in a non networked area. It's too easy to lose all that music and kill the party! 

I'm creating a playlist for a wedding in the middle of nowhere. If someone hits that offline playlist on/off switch, that's 5 hours of music gone in a second! 

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
ekho96
Regular
As a new subscriber, I can't find how to operate Spotify and listen to music!!!! I think it is "down right" (!!!!) imnpossible since I am constantly offline. What do I do wrongly?
Jude
Spotify Legend

Welcome to the Spotify Community, ekho96.

This board is for ideas. If you would like help, please create a thread in the help board that is appropriate to your platform.

Niklas
Regular

I agree! I and sometime one would like to listen to spotify  radio wich require that you go online.  I think spotify shoudl skip the whole "re-syncing".

crystamichelle

I hit the offline accidentally EVERYWHERE. I keep one playlist with all my favorites on it (upwards of 700 songs) and it's a HUGE hassle to resync after I accidentally click or swipe that option. Can we AT LEAST get a confirmation dialogue along the lines of "Are you sure?" PLEASE??????

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ;)

Mannyfesto

This is the only reason I came to the forums to see if there was a suggestion for this.

On the mobile app, I use IOS, it is sometimes to easy to accidentally toggle the offline button, my primary playlist has 2600 songs and I am forced to redownload the entire collection, I also use extreme mode for my songs.

This seems like it would be a costly issue at scale and would be a big source of uneeded data bandwith and server use, I have accidentally done it 4 times in the past month but im sure many people do it more often than that.

BFinn
Casual Listener

Dear Spotify,

This one's a no-brainer. This afternoon I was listening to my offline playlist and went to search for a specific song I wanted to hear. Unfortunately, instead of tapping within the search box I accidentally tapped the offline switch that is so POORLY positioned directly below the search box. Instantly, all 550 songs that I've downloaded over time so that I can listen to my music whenever I would like to (which, btw, is the whole point of paying for a premium account) were no longer available to me. This is the third time this has happened to me since becoming a premium user.

Suggested solution? REMOVE THE OFFLINE TOGGLE BUTTON FROM THE PLAYLIST ITSELF. There is another offline mode toggle button under settings. Why not just stick with that??? Placing the offline button under the search box in the actual playlist is NOT user-friendly. Honestly, I can't believe you haven't fixed this yet. Again, seems like a no-brainer to me. Please, do something about it.

Thank you for listening,

Brian

NOTE: For the record, I LOVE Spotify. I was an early adopter and have been loyal ever since. So, if I'm peeved about this then know so many others will be or already are.

neonkowy
Regular

Yep, my first use of off-line on premium account was to download whole album, then i disconnected from my wireless and try to play. Laggy app made me to tap on "available off-line" and i was amazed how quickly i can erase album that've been downloading for some minutes.

Possible solutions?
- confirmation after tapping

- moving button somewhere deeper

In my case, confirmation would be better, as i probably go  changing on/offline all the time (listening to some albums, delete and discover new music on my phone). Please change this behaviour :)

user-removed
Not applicable

I constantly deleted offline playlists by accident , the toggle is exactly where my finger naturally goes to scroll down.

This is incredibly frustrating , I have literally gone back to android solely becasue of this glitch, music is the most imporant thing to me on my smartphone

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!