Announcements

Login window needs window title text for easier integration with password manager applications

My use case is this. I'm using KeePass 2 password manager application on Windows 7/8/8.1 and I'd like to be able to easily log in to Spotify using my password manager application's global "auto-type" shortcut key when I have my encrypted password database open (because sometimes Spotify doesn't "remember me" anymore or I need to reinstall or something).

It works by having set up the correct window title in KeePass 2 settings in my password entry for my Spotify account. Then when I have the correct window active and hit the auto-type shortcut key, KeePass automatically fills in my username and password and hits enter to login (only when my password database is not currently locked).

Unfortunately this does not currently work when starting up Spotify because the Spotify window does not have a window title set until you have logged in. See the attached image. Oddly after first logging in and then logging out, even the login window does have the window title "Spotify" (as it should be), so Spotify's current behaviour is also inconsistent.

Please make it so the login window has the correct window title also on Spotify startup, thank you!

Spotify-window-title-missing-on-startup.png
Updated: 2016-02-23

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-02-23

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!