Longer login timeout period

I think the login timeout period needs to be extended or deactivated entirely. I travel often to rural areas and love spotify's offline playlist option for the long stretches of time I am without a signal. However, there are times that I will launch the app on my iPhone to find that I have been logged out automatically and need a signal to log back in. At this point the service is useless. Either disable this feature or modify so that we are given a three-day warning when our login will timeout so we can schedule a period to log out and login at our own leisure. If this is not possible, I would really like a detailed explanation why. Thank you!

Although this idea was posted first I will link it to a similar idea, that has a better addition to it (as annual subscriber):

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Subscriptions-Prepay-to-extend-Offline-mode-30-day...

Let me explain why:
The max. 30 days offline timeout has 2 reasons:
- To make sure that you are still using Premium (otherwise no access to mobile app)
- Artists have to be paid based on what you've listened to in this time.

While the 1. reason could be somehow managed with an annual subscription (offline time till subscription runs out), the 2. part is trickier because the Artists have to be rewarded frequently. Nevertheless post your comments on the idea that I've linked if you like to see that happen! 😉

0 Likes
Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

Although this idea was posted first I will link it to a similar idea, that has a better addition to it (as annual subscriber):

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Subscriptions-Prepay-to-extend-Offline-mode-30-day...

Let me explain why:
The max. 30 days offline timeout has 2 reasons:
- To make sure that you are still using Premium (otherwise no access to mobile app)
- Artists have to be paid based on what you've listened to in this time.

While the 1. reason could be somehow managed with an annual subscription (offline time till subscription runs out), the 2. part is trickier because the Artists have to be rewarded frequently. Nevertheless post your comments on the idea that I've linked if you like to see that happen! 😉