Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Touchbar should show Song Title

Happy that Spotify has implemented Touchbar integration with the new line of Macbook Pros, but I'm a little shocked that nowhere on the Touchbar is the current song name shown.

Using the feature from inside other apps brings up the pause/play/next/back functions with a very large scroll bar to scrobble through the song. I feel that fitting the song name + artist would be totally doable in this space. This feature would be especially useful within Radio or playlists such as charts/Discover Weekly.

Something to consider - would be greatly appreciated!

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
fathercucumber

pretty please!

Fusionmania

Is there any update? would love to see that on my new Macbook Pro 15'' inch! ?!

djamel1

Best idea ever

Dalf

I'm agree it's a good idea !

I hope i will see that in my touchbar ❤️

Charliefinn4

This would make sense as there is alot of wasted space for the 'song progress' bar which isnt that useful.

arzka

I was going to ask this very thing. If nothing else, when you hit spotify button on touch bar and click next, have it show the song title in the area that's currently used for moving around in the song, even if it's there briefly. That way when you hit the next button you'll see what would play and could keep doing so until you see something you approve of. 

One step forward to that would be to allow you to click the song name and have Spotify bring forward so you could take it from there. Not that necessary, but why not have it do something if's there. 😃

Tom

Great idea!

alexleekt

This.

simmah
jam3zyoung

The song title could be placed in the scrubber so no more space is needed.

For a quick glance feature liek this, the track title and artist name are all that is needed; full info is still easily available on the app.

The text should not scroll or move (liek it often does in car radios) as it would be quite distracting above the keyboard.