Make Sharing and Social Features Easier without Facebook

Sharing playlists, chatting in the messages, and finding users should be much easier for people that do not have a Facebook Account.

For example, if the user does not have a Facebook account the friends tab is useless. You should be able to have "Friends" without Facebook. There should be a "Friend" button and a "Follow" button when viewing a Spotify user.

I suggest creating these tabs (feel free to critique):
1. Friends - You friend people by clicking the "Friend Request" (or similar) button on a spotify user's page. You could also show suggested friends pulled from the users Facebook friends (and friends of friends) that are using Spotify, and you could add a "Email" button for friends that are not on Spotify yet.

2. Following - These are the People, Bands, and Playlists that you follow by clicking the "Follow" button

3. Users/Playlists (something along the lines of "Popular Users And Playlists") - This shows the most popular Bands and Users with the most followers. Secondly, you could include something like "Most Popular Playlists" or playlists that have the most followers.

Lastly, I think finding users on Spotify that don't have Facebook should be much easier. In order for someone to find me they have to type "spotify:user:username". There should be somewhere where you can search for users and follow them. I encourage finding new ways and possibilities to knot this together. I think the "social+music" thing to Spotify could really be enhances here. It would help to bring many more new users to Spotify and make it a much more enjoyable experience.

PS It would be really cool if people could add names and pictures to their profiles even if they don't have Facebook!
Thanks!

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.
Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

Since there are various points in your ideas, which is kinda hard to manage (status/kudos) I will mark this as Unspecified for now. I leave the topic open for discussion though, since I think you talk about something important here, that really needs to change/improve. So feel free to add your kudos and comments here. ;)

For your last point about finding friends, check out a similar idea here.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.
Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!