Make Star- or Save-button optional

I, and a lot of other people really dislikes the choise to remove the Star-button. The reasons are many, "Your music" doesn't have the functions I used in Star, and other people used it in many different ways. But there's an extremly easy way to fix this:

Make an option where you can choose if you want the Star- or the Save-button!

This is such an obvious choise, that I can't understand why you havent already implemented it. My first reaction when I found out that the Star-button was removed, was to go looking for this option. In my head it was obvious that when you remove a feature/system, you make it optional to bring it back. You could have done the same with the look, and avoided people from being angry with your new look. I'm not to fond of that either, but that I can live with.

If you are smart, you can even let it be a multiple choise option; where you can choose if you want a Star-button, Save-button, neither or both.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

A similar idea has already been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Bring-Back-Starred-Playlists-System/idi-p/729851

It has been discussed within the Spotify Team in charge and it has sadly been decided that this idea will not be implemented any time soon. However, Spotify will revisit those idea topics from time to time, so hopefully it will be implemented in the future. ;)

Comments
selim
Casual Listener

*sign*

The new design of the UI is really good, i like it.. but, darn, the usability of the apps is getting worse! This counts also for the iOS apps.

I_miss_starred

Adding choices may make software testing more difficult,

but remember that removing functionality can be just as bad as broken functionality.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. This idea requests to have a choice between the "+" sign for Your Music or the old Star sign and its functionality. You might also want to add your kudos to a similar idea about bringing the starred playlist system back here. ;)

ralreece

Please bring back the Star option. Like many others the option really helps to see which songs I have flagged when viewing artists or albums. I also use it to quickly store songs I want to hear later. I understand the need for the Your Music option but can we not have that coexist with what is clearly an popular function within spotify.

BornSlippy

Currently, I have over 3,933 songs starred. When i saw something i liked i use to "Star" it. If i just wanted to hear random songs I liked I would play the starred songs on shuffle. Now when I see something I like it's being added to my "Songs" under your music. I don't want two lists. So if you want to get rid of "Stars" stuff and make it added to my "Songs" then please give me the option to transfer my over my "Stars" to my "Songs".

Also, I do know that i can right click and add a song to my "Star" list but, I don't want to have to do the extra actions just because I was using a feature the way it was intended before some "designer" got a bug up there butt about the verbage of something. It makes adding new songs an annoyance and the more annoyed I get with using a basic feature the less likely I will use this service. The less I use the service the more justified I become in not paying $9.99 a month.

murphy17

Couldn't agree more with ralreece and BornSlippy, I am in exactly the same boat with thousands of tracks starred, which I use on random play and to see which of an artists tracks I have starred.  

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
2014-05-08 Hey everyone, for now we’re going to mark this idea as “Not right now”. Your Music helps you save, organize and browse your music all in one place—songs, artists, and albums. Now you can click on the “+” sign beside a song to add to Songs within Your Music. Your Starred Playlist is still available for you to add to/ edit it like any other playlist.
Snurz
Casual Listener
Please bring back the star button. It's still in the iPad app and I miss it in the iPhone app version. It's just the easiest way of marking a song from a radio station or elsewhere. And when fed-up from the song in the starred list, it was just one button and it was gone. It's way to complicated the playlist way.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks, we wanted to let you know we don't have plans to make the Star/ Save buttons optional. 

Click theicon, to the left of the song you’d like to save.

You can now find this song in Your Music Songs collection. 

To Remove a song

1. Hover over , to the left of the song you’d like to remove, to reveal 
  2. Click

You can read more about how to organize Your Library right here

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

A similar idea has already been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Bring-Back-Starred-Playlists-System/idi-p/729851

It has been discussed within the Spotify Team in charge and it has sadly been decided that this idea will not be implemented any time soon. However, Spotify will revisit those idea topics from time to time, so hopefully it will be implemented in the future. ;)