Make a spotify more remix and mix friendly

there are so many amazing mixes on youtube and on soundcloud. many of these short ones have been finding their way onto spotify which is great. When the ben pearce remix of C O O L by Le Youth came on spotify i was so surprised! 

i would like to see more things like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAY6KvnjyXU

In my opinion spotify has the advantage in terms of its function over itunes. i would like it to take the good bits from soundcloud as well. 

Hey @TheDefender and thank you for your suggestion!

Unfortunately, we can't just add mixtapes to the Spotify catalogue. Have a look at this topic why it is hard to add them. Also, please don't get the status "Case Closed" wrong. It doesn't mean this will never be implemented (there are already mixes available on the platform), but it's up to the artists as stated in the mentioned topic.

Comments
MichaelW
Community Legend

Unfortunately, Spotify cannot decide which music they want to be available at Spotify. The music label, artist, and/or legal owner decide where they want their music to be available.

TheDefender
Music Fan

yes, so they should put some effort into giving a stimulus to artists to put mixes on spotify. hence making it more mix friendly. Saves me from switching from spotify to soundcloud/youtube all the time 

Carina
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hey @TheDefender and thank you for your suggestion!

Unfortunately, we can't just add mixtapes to the Spotify catalogue. Have a look at this topic why it is hard to add them. Also, please don't get the status "Case Closed" wrong. It doesn't mean this will never be implemented (there are already mixes available on the platform), but it's up to the artists as stated in the mentioned topic.