Make it more difficult to delete songs or albums from your library

Currently, if you are listening to spotify on your computer (in my case a Macbook), you just need to hit delete when a song is selected and its gone from your library. Is it possible to have a prompt box appear to check you actually wanted to delete it? Or at least an 'undo delete' button? So many times I have removed music from my library by accident and have had to find and save it again. Thanks 

Updated: 2016-08-08
Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Confirm-to-Delete-saved-Tracks/idi-p/1418632

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-08-05

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

asdfkosaMFLIJAS

need a delete confirmation box-- like apple music. 

jyfjhgkjhl
Roadie

this needs to happen. I adopted a cat recently that endlessly presses on my keyboard, who knows what favourtires of mine will be forgotten forever?

jyfjhgkjhl
Roadie

Click My settings -> Personal Information -> Signature

and add this ( http://pastebin.com/bPShCQ6v ) to help have this idea gain some traction.

TanMaNobel
Roadie

This is a good idea, just a recomendation is to also add an option to turn these 'notifications' on or off....

squidthekid42
Gig Goer

agreed. if you like to live dangerously, you could turn the notifications off. but a slip of the finger could easily delete something when you're not even sure which song was highlighted, so finding it is nearly impossible. 

TanMaNobel
Roadie

@squidthekid42 Also agreed.... maybe then add a little 'Do Not Display Message Again' check box every time you go into it......

shaunandfred

Or at least let the 'deleted song' hover until the page is reloaded so an errant click doesn't drop a song you'll never find again.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-08-08
Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Confirm-to-Delete-saved-Tracks/idi-p/1418632

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!