Make it possible to find the music you like: introduce user specified tag system for tracks.

Seriously, when I search for music - I type in things like "trance", "dubstep", "symphonic rock", "instrumental", "meditation", etc.

The results however are anything but usable: it seems that the whole search engine ONLY looks a Artist name, Album names and Track names.... That way I can't find ANYTHING! Sure, results pop up: there is always an album called "The Best Of Trance" when you look for trance, but what about the awesome trance music that was released two days ago by a totally unknown artist and who would be more than willing to label or tag his songs for spotify with "trance", so people can find him?

This system as it is, is not working for me - I am seriously contemplating to cancel my subscription because all I've been doing the past months is listening to the same music over and over that I "found" in the meantime, while what I really want is to get an endless stream of good, new music that all fall in the genre that I am interested in (non-vocal electronic music, preferably dubstep, dance or trance).

The way to achieve this is by using tags (or labels) that people can give to songs; hopefull the artists themselves will do this - but it would be nice if tags would also be added to music because someone added it to a playlist - and gave that playlist a tag (you can probably just use the playlist name that people use -- though it would be better to explicitely ask people to add tags to their playlists).

I know that in the Browse section there is a "Genre & Moods" tab with a few categories to choose from, but those are way too limited to be useful (I'm sure you'll understand that none of them contains exclusively "non-vocal electronic dubstep" for example).

Hi there,

A similar has already been suggested. Please add your kudos and support there. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Global-Collaborative-Tagging-System/idi-p/1248745

0 Likes
Comments
Jordi
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hi there,

A similar has already been suggested. Please add your kudos and support there. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Music-Global-Collaborative-Tagging-System/idi-p/1248745