Make starring tracks easier

In the desktop app I find sometimes I am listening to a radio station or subscribed to a playlist and I fall in love with a song. Problem is, the only way to star a song while I am somewhere else in the app is to click on the song's cover art, then mouse over the song playing in the list to see if I have starred it yet, then click star.

How about just a little star next to say, the volume, or random buttons in the control bar to show if I have starred the track, and allowing me to star it right away?

I think someone already posted an idea for a star shortcut key. This would also be ace, being able to map it to a function key or something similar to be able star even when the app is not in the foreground would be ace. EDIT: found the idea, go give it some kudos, http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-Star-button-keyboard-short-cut/idi-p/111556

Related Ideas

Comments
EvanR
Regular

Excellent idea. That would make the star function much more utliized by putting it front and center. Also, that contributes to users using the star function to easily clump songs they like into their main spotify playlist. For example, the songs I starred are the ones that I listen to in general and use to create playlists for working out, reading, studying, etc. 

simv
Casual Listener

Thans EvanR!

I use the star as a way of "remembering" songs. It's a quick way to go: "Oh man, this is the bomb! quick, lock it in." I can then go back to my starred tracks after a big music session and find out who was the artist etc, and maybe add the song to the right playlist, read the bio etc.

I think someone already posted an idea for a star shortcut key. This would also be ace, being able to map it to a function key or something similar to be able star even when the app is not in the foreground would be ace. (adding this to the OP) 

Jude
Spotify Legend

It's not a complete solution, but you can R-click the album art player (minimised or expanded) and choose "Star".

EvanR
Regular

Thanks Jude, I didn't know that was an option. I used that method like 20 times today (atleast)!

simv
Casual Listener

Thanks Jude. This is a little quicker, and I didn't know the option was there. Thanks!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate