Make the design equal on iPhone and Android

Hi people,

After switching from iPhone to Android, i saw that the Spotify app is completely different then on iOS.

For example:
On iPhone only you can:
- Swipe to right/left to add a song in your music or add as next song.
- If you press and hold a song you get a preview.
- In the play window you can swipe down to close this window and go back to your playlists, you can swipe up in playlists to get the album play window.
- Genius is as i seen only available on iPhone, i didn't saw it on Android.

On Android you exclusively have:
- Landscape mode
- Scroll bar to fast-scroll down or up in a long list.

As far i can think this are the differents between the operating systems. I don't know how Windows Phone looks, but i think the statement is clear:

Spotify, please make all of your apps equal and don't change designs or features because we all (as a Premium) pay the same price. We want the same features on all our devices, no matter if it is a iDevice, Android or Windows Phone.

Hope this will happen, because it is different for years now and i think its time to change this!

Kind regards,
Mark
(And may i say from the rest of the people?)

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello there!

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 specific feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status.

If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. ;)

When you're re-posting this idea(s) in a separate topic(s), please make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum.

Thanks again!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-28

Marked as new idea. 

1waschlappen

I think it's a good idea to have the same features on both (/all) platforms. I don't think it's a good idea to  have the same design, as each platform has different design philosophies and one design would not fit them all.

user-removed
Not applicable

@1waschlappen you are right. But as for now the designs are really close isn't it? It is indeed the functionallity wich is missing and is completely different. In some cases i think the design of iOS is more enhanced then the Android version in terms of small details.

But what you say is correctly, the functionallity in the apps must be the same, no matter wich platform users are using.

Agent-reed

@user-removed Given that the functionality of Spotify on different devices seems to be the major issue being brought up here, I think that it might be more helpful to both the developers and the community if each design difference were brought up as issues/enhancements independently. I believe that just saying, "there's a bunch of things that don't match up" is bit too vauge to be productive.

For example, I would raise the Swipe to save a song on Android Devices as it's own independent post; that way people can discuss and vote on that one feature and be explicit about what needs to change. 

mrmetalhead
Casual Listener

You have my support. If im paying for premium, i want PREMIUM WITH ALL FUNCTIONS.

Dappleberry

I tottaly agree if we are all paying the same price why should Apple users have features that Android users can't. Spotify the program should be the same across the board. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello there!

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 specific feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status.

If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. ;)

When you're re-posting this idea(s) in a separate topic(s), please make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum.

Thanks again!