Make the library more functional

The Library is a really confusing and endless list of songs, especaly on the mobile apps. You can't just click around and just listen to music without knowing what you want to hear.

It would be awesome if there was a possibility to Split the Screen when you're in the library an show a list with Artists, Album and Genre. Like we all know it from iTunes, Winamp, WMP. So you could click on an artist an all titles, albums and genres that aren't realated to him disappear. Just like a predefined Filters for all the artists, genres and albums in your library.

So it would be much easier to search to search for music in your library without knowing exactly what you are searching for.

This is also why a search function can't replace such filters.

Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-22 um 10.03.06.png

There should also be a possibility to edit which details are shown in the library. Things like "year of release", "track number on the album" or just "number on the playlist" are hardly missing.

2014-04-09 Hey guys, we’re going to mark this Ideas as “Case closed”.

That’s because this week we introduced “Your Music”. Now you can save, organize and browse your favorite music. All in one place, across all platforms.

As users will now be able to view all their favorite artists, albums, and songs “Your Music” rather than a “Library” this idea is now closed. For a glimpse of “Your Music” and our new design changes click here.

These changes have rolled out to iPhone, desktop and web users this week, and will soon be available across all platforms. Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Comments
ConradSeba

So??? This "Your Music" feature does NOT resolve the problem!

We still cannot sort files by year for example. And there is no column to see in what Playlists do I have a song.

Postify

I don't get it.. under "My music" everything is empty.. after some research I found out in only lists the things I subscibed to online, but my 100gb music collection I have imported is nowhere displayed. This is pretty useless, it does not solve anything. Or am I missing something? 

MaxRoutine
Gig Goer
That’s because this week we introduced “Your Music”. Now you can save, organize and browse your favorite music. All in one place, across all platforms.

As users will now be able to view all their favorite artists, albums, and songs “Your Music” rather than a “Library” this idea is now closed. For a glimpse of “Your Music” and our new design changes click here.

Okay then. Just open the WMP or any comparable player and see what you can do there with the library. And then ask me one question. Do you really think this "Your Music" stuff is an adequate alternative? I don't think so.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28

The discussion about this feature request continues in a new idea here.