Make the queue sacred

I love Spotify, but the way the queue works is maddening.

1. Queue order

When I add tracks to it, I'm expecting them to play in the order I add them. So if I'm playing track A, and I have tracks B and C queued up, when I then queue up tracks D and E, they should come AFTER C. Why do they get queued after A?

2. Cross-platform queue

Also, the queue should work across devices with no thinking required. I don't fully understand how Connect is supposed to work. I just had 25-30 tracks queued on my desktop, and wanted to start playing a track I had going on my iPhone, and when I used Connect on my desktop, it wiped out the entire queue and replaced it just with that one song. Rdio has nailed how the queue works. It's in the cloud, and you add things to it from any device. Then you can play it from anywhere. Is there a reason you guys chose to do it differently?

3. Queue anything

Why can't I add albums to the queue from the iPhone app, but can on the desktop? The inconsistent behavior in different parts of the app for different types of media (songs/albums/playlists) makes it seem less reliable overall.

Updated: 2015-08-23

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

Number 1 & 2 sounds strange - I can not reproduce that.
Could you please post a new topic in the respective help section so we can check that out?

Number 3 has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Add-to-Anything-to-Queue-on-Long-Press-in-Mobile-App/idi...

Add your kudos and comments there please! 😉

0 Likes
Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate
Updated: 2015-08-23

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

Number 1 & 2 sounds strange - I can not reproduce that.
Could you please post a new topic in the respective help section so we can check that out?

Number 3 has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Add-to-Anything-to-Queue-on-Long-Press-in-Mobile-App/idi...

Add your kudos and comments there please! 😉

Related Ideas