Announcements

Mark Recently Added Songs as New on Mobile

Hi,

I've searched quite a bit now and can't seem to find a solution to this pretty obvious problem.

If an artist you follow adds new songs to their playlist containing tons of tracks.. And you get a notification saying 'x amount of songs added to playlist.'
How do you know which ones are the new ones??

My suggestion is adding a *New! tag next to these tracks that will expire after say, 48hrs?

Updated: 2015-09-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake

You can sort followed playlists by date added on the desktop client already: are you requesting this for a different platform?

Jordi
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hi there,

I'm going to mark this idea as "Case Closed as this has already been implemented. You should be able to sort old -> new so the newest tracks will be shown first. New tracks are also shown with a blue dot before each track. They will disapear as when you listen to them. 

pedro_9uk
Hang on... You're talking about the desktop version. I'm talking about the iOS App. Surely this is more pertinent to the app as people don't walk around with their computers in their pockets? As I don't have a desktop, I'll have to open Spotify in Safari in 'desktop mode' and see if that works. Thank you very much for all your help.
blake
Status changed to: New Idea

This idea requests that recently added tracks to followed playlists be marked as new on mobile versions of Spotify, matching the functionality of the desktop client.

blake

Hi, I've changed the status to 'New Idea' and slightly edited the title to make it easier to find via search. Please let me know if any corrections are needed.

pedro_9uk
Awesome! Thank you 😉
pedro_9uk
Any news on this?
Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-09-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!