Mark newly added Tracks inside the Playlist

Hi!

Why did you guys remove the option to see when a track was added to a playlist? And the green dot next to the playlist when there was a new song. This just ruins how I found new music.

Please bring this back!

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@chriswer 

The new song dot will be coming back in a future update to the Spotify desktop app.

The option to see when a track was added to the playlist is still there. Look for the column with the calendar icon. It will show how long ago the song was added to the playlist. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)
As mentioned, this feature will be back in the desktop app but Spotify hasn't given an exact timeline yet. Any updates for that feature will be announced in this topic here.

You might also want to add your kudos to an idea to bring back the new songs notification next to playlists here.

DJ_Palmis
Gig Goer

I totally agree with You.. And I asked for this featur on mobile some time ago!
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Notification-on-mobile-apps-for-playlists-update/idi-...
Please vote!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Watch this space

2015-03-16

Hey folks! We have plans to bring this feature back. I'll mark this as 'watch this space' and update you here when we have news, thanks!

Dirkkok

Following a playlist is in my case useless without this feature. I used this to discover new music. Hopefully it will be back soon.

Ytse
Casual Listener

I'm glad it's comming back. But I'm clueless why it was removed at all.

Daniol71
Music Fan

No, the option to see when a song was added is only available in playlists, but it's been removed from local files. This needs to be brought back.

JVinagre
Casual Listener

Hi,

Can you please bring this feature back? I used in on a reagular basis to check new music added to the playlists I follow. I wont update the app until you bring this back. Thanks, Joao

twolfje

Please bring back this feature! :)

bjc999
Roadie

So so so glad this is coming back. I'll resubscribe to premium when these features have returned ;-)

This makes me very happy.

Thank you Spotify for listening to the users!

:-)