Announcements

[Mobile] Additional Shuffle Status (Save between Sessions)

Dear developers,

the shuffle mode works fine in general. One thing, however, bothers me everytime. The shuffle mode is very inconsistent in the phone application. If you click on the button 'Shuffle' the shuffle symbol is activated and it stays activated after changing a song. However, if I restart the application the and click on a song instead of 'Shuffle' the shuffle mode is always turned off. It would be way more user friendly if you add an option for this or insert an addional 'shuffle status'. For instance there are 3 statuses: don't shuffle, shuffle just for this session (reseting after closing the app) and always shuffle (new feature).
Nonetheless I'm very satisfied with the app! Keep up the good work !

Greetings from Austria,
Andi
2017-01-28 11.16.56.png

Updated on 2018-01-28

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
MartinStoichkov

Hey @Andi151, thanks for posting! 

This seems more like a bug rather than an idea. I just tried it, and the shuffle is still on for me after I close/open the app. 

• Maybe try log out and log back in, this will refresh the app and may help the bug go away. 
  • Other thing to try is clear reinstallation, as this usually helps for many ongoing issues like that. 

If you still expiriencing troubles, you can pass your issue to the staff from Ongoing Issues, with some more information about your device and app version. They can take a look of your issue backstage and will provide you further help ; )

Andi151

Hello @MartinStoichkov,

thank you for your reply! I logged out, restarted the app and logged in and that made the trick! Everything works fine now! Thanks buddy 🙂

Have a nice day! Greetings from Austria,

Andi

Marco
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-02-19

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-01-28

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Env: prod