[Mobile] Alphabetical Navigation for Artists, Songs, Albums

On mobile (both iOS and Android) the alphabetical jump menu on the right hand side of the screen was removed in the new UI update. While there are other navigation options available, the jump menu by letter was a great way to navigate your music. Kind of like the days where you would go into a record store and flip through CDs or vinyl on a shelf but in your hand.

Let's simply restore this indexed jump menu on the right hand side of the screen. There is plenty of space for the letters.

I can't find the appropriate thread for this idea, specifically referencing mobile applications and the new UI. If there is one, please mark this as a duplciate. 

Updated on 2019-07-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Search-Alphabet-scroll-bar/idi-p/4696419

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Related Ideas

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

PLEASE bring back the alphabetical scroll bar, It’s so frustrating to have to scroll all the way down to get to end of the alphabet. I’m thinking of going to another music app, I don’t understand why it was removed. 

chkelly2010

Desktop & Mobile--Want Artists and Albums listed alphabetically, if the new UI must stay, offer options in Settings on how Artists/Albums could be listed.  Also, don't segregate Artists by Following or not.  If I saved a song/album, I want to be able to find the Artist/Album quickly.  Also agree with suggestion on providing letters on ribbon for quick location.  

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-16

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Search-Alphabet-scroll-bar/idi-p/4696419

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here