Mobile App - Play, Pause, and Skip Using Headphone/Headset with Controls.

I wrote an email about this a while ago and got a response back that it's something they would like to maybe do but they needed more interest in the idea before they devote time to it.

I'm not sure if this is for the other mobile apps too but I know my adroid app doesn't have this.  Basically, there are a few music apps (not sure if I can mention the name but one I used to use a lot with the initials W.A.) out there that have check box in settings that lets the app use the headset/headphones to control play, pause, skip, etc. instead of controlling the phone.

Right now, if I try to use the controls on my headphones to play, pause, or skip while in the Spotify app it will simultaneously dial the last incoming or out going number in my phone.

It's just handy, especially in the winter so I don't have to haul my phone out of my pocket or dig in my bag for it, I don't have to haul off my gloves, mittens, or go buy special ones to use the touchscreen (I would imagine it would be a pain if your exercising or something like that too)...only have to click one of the buttons on my headphones.

Thanks!

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Edit (@blake) 2015-11-22: This idea has been reposted here.

Related Ideas

Comments
p3ndr4g0n
That would be awesome while in the gym. Great idea!!!
enthal

For OSX desktop too!

SagaciousB
Casual Listener

I'm not sure why this doesn't work. I swear it used to work on my old Android phone with Cyanogenmod. Skipping tracks worked on my Palm Pre by double-clicking the button.

Its really annoying to not be able to skip tracks when your hands are tied up. As p3ndr4g0n mentioned, this would be great for a gym, run, or workout so you could switch tracks without mucking with the touchscreen.

user-removed
Not applicable

I just started using Spotify on my Iphone 4s and suffering of the same issue. I have also noted that it is the same issue with Docking stations, and some car steering wheel remote control. I am guessing that it is an overall feature that would need to be included. Bluetooth connectivity seems to work fine, but USB doesn't for some reason. I hope they take interest in solving this. It's just annoying to have to change it on your phone when you have other controls that make it easier.

So far I haven't found a work around this, but if anyone has, some info would be greatly appreciated.

FridaysChild81
Casual Listener

I ended up buying a Headset Button Controller app because this just bugged me so much.  :smileysad: 

Dunno if there's similar apps out there for iPhone.

musicforroy
Regular

I have an iphone 5 and really want to be able to stop and start a play list using my bluetooth headset controls. Other apps enable this, both Apple ones and third party apps such as Downcast.

I think this is probably the major feature that needs to be added to the app.

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter

dcz_26
You can use LG TONE + wireless bluetoothe headset paired to your android or iphone with Spotify. The controls on the headset allow you to play, pause, skip tracks and adjust volume.
mupet0000
Roadie

We have hit 40+ kudos for this idea, let's get it reviewed by Spotify!

teapothat

Please make this happen! :D Would love to be able to use my headphones with spotify!