[Mobile] Archive Playlists / Playlist Organisation

It would be great if there was the possibility to archive a Playlist instead of fully deleting it (just like with whatsapp chats). After having archived a playlist it could be put into a seperate directory within the „playlist“ tab, deleting all the downloaded Songs in the process.

I would really like to see this feature being added as there are some playlists that I don‘t really listen to that often, but I still don‘t want to fully delete them. This way I could clean up my playlist tab much easier.

Personally, I‘d see it as a great improvement if the playlist tab had some fixed subcategories like „followed playlists“, „my playlists“ and maybe even „archived playlists“. Additionally you could make it so that the user is able to create custom subcategories within which he could move and transfer his user-created playlists with the possibility to add certain playlists to one‘s favorites.

These subcategories would make it somewhat more complicated when wanting to add new songs to custom playlists. This is why it would make sense that the favorite playlists would be accessible directly within the “add song to playlist“ window.

I hope that you consider my recommendations. I really look forward to the development of new features.

Best Regards

Trax

Updated on 2018-11-27

Playlist folders are already available in Spotify. In the Desktop app, right click in the playlists area, and you'll find the option to create a playlist folder. Once created, you can drag and drop playlists to the folder for better management (followed playlists, my playlists, archived playlists).

Hope it helps. 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-11-27

Playlist folders are already available in Spotify. In the Desktop app, right click in the playlists area, and you'll find the option to create a playlist folder. Once created, you can drag and drop playlists to the folder for better management (followed playlists, my playlists, archived playlists).

Hope it helps. 🙂