[Mobile] Automatically Display Offline Music When Offline

Please display what I have available to play and reduce the menus to functions that work in offline mode. The depressing black screen looks more like a condolences card.

Screenshot_2016-06-15-07-46-06.png

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-06-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-17

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

Zaeid
Casual Listener

As a premium member, I would absolutely love this. This screen makes me feel like I've just opened an app that doesn't work while offline. It's not very "premium" feeling. I would love to be able to choose which offline playlist is displayed in place of the Home screen while internet is not detected. I want to enjoy the offline music that I'm paying for and not have to worry about navigating all the way to my offline songs every time I open the app

acrookedsmile
Music Fan

In general I think my playlists are far too deep in the menu system even in the online mode, in early versions they were at the top level.

They seem to be going progressively deeper and deeper in favour of "Radio Stations", Genres etc etc

paneion
Casual Listener

Also, I would wish for only offline available songs/playlists/albums to be shown in the respective menus.

justinmusic17
Regular

This shouldn't need kudos or comments... this should be a MUST.  All other streaming services that provide offline playback automatically do this.  I really had the impression that Spotify was superior over the others, which is why I signed up for Premium... but after seeing all these hassles with the unintuitive Offline mode (there's not even a toggle to automatically turn off offline mode when connected to wifi!), I feel mislead and am very disappointed.  Especially given that the majority of all the offline-related feedback dates all the back to 2013 (more than 4 years ago)!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-06-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!