[Mobile] Behind the Lyrics on Mobile option to show lyrics only

This idea was expressed well in a post (# 1658026) created on 4/26/17 by @BehindTheLyrics and received almost 2,500 votes before it was recently marked as a duplicate and closed on 6/25/19. However, the idea that the mod linked to is not the same at all.

Could you please reactive the original idea so that everyone who voted will be properly notified with status updates going forward? Just to be clear, I'll paste the original idea below. Thanks!

------------

You guys finally listened and implemented a sort-of lyrics system on Android now, Genius' "Behind the Lyrics" (BTL).

Now, BTL sometimes shows lyrics, and sometimes shows Genius' explanations for why the lyrics that are being sung that moment are written.
So the app can display the lyrics at the proper times already.
Genius also already has the full lyrics to most songs in their database.

Let us toggle it so it doesn't switch to the explanations.
Just the lyrics.

I like the explanations, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I want to see what they hear at a specific time, if I can't understand them the explanation won't help me.

Updated on 2019-08-24

Hey @ronx 

As you mentioned, a similar Idea has also been suggested, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Bring-back-Lyrics/idi-p/1355651

If possible, vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-08-24

Hey @ronx 

As you mentioned, a similar Idea has also been suggested, and only one thread can exist per idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Bring-back-Lyrics/idi-p/1355651

If possible, vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)