Announcements

[Mobile][Browse] Playlist generator based on familiarity and release date via a visual grid (Pics)

Spoiler
A new feature that allows users to “tune” their music to their daily habits or preferred 
familiarity and release date, through an accessible and intuitive grid interface.

Essentially, this feature will give users fast and easy access to simply "turn on their music", while still providing them some control over what is being generated.

Afterwards, generated playlists can be saved as usual. The total duration of a playlist could be configurable via the settings menu.

--

I came up with this idea after getting tired of having to go through my existing collection or having to pick playlists or albums I have heard too often. When I did not have the time, I would often go through new albums, but these would eventually come to an end. I was essentially missing the (good parts of) "endless scrolling" that most social platforms provide. Also, I was aware of Discover Weekly and Release Radar. but both of which could not keep up with my 8-hour musical requirements. So after much complaining to the people around me, I figured I could try to visualize what I was looking for and submit this idea. Just some background to give you all a sense of how I experienced this up until this point.

Anyway, I would love to hear your feedback.
Thanks!

Front.png
Fast-tune mode.png
Fine-tune mode.png

Updated on 2022-05-23

Hey @marknuyens 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Vasil
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-02-26

Hey again @marknuyens,

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

The Idea Exchange is for users, who'd like to suggest possible features that they'd like to see in Spotify.
We appreciate that you've taken your time to make it clear to us why this is a different kind of Idea.

As such, we'll be making it an active New Idea Suggestion!

Please note, that the Idea Exchange is a place, where suggestions are looked at based on their +VOTEs and their popularity with others.
Feel free to share your Idea with others in order to make it more popular.

Let us know if anything else comes up in the meantime!
Many thanks.

Cheers!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-05-23

Hey @marknuyens 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Env: prod