[Mobile][Browse] Recently Played unavailable without network connectivity

One of the main reasons that I am a Premium subscriber is to listen to music on planes, as I travel a lot for work.

The section that I used the most in Spotify was "Recently Played", as I usually shuffle through a few albums and playlists.

In the new version of Spotify, the "Recently Played" section was moved from a vertical list, to a horizontal list in the Home Screen (this is bad, I want to see a vertical list, but not the end of the world).

Now, I am in the plane, with no network connectivity - I cannot access the "Home" screen as I have the message "No internet connection.  Go online and try again."  This is easily reproducable by enabling airplane mode on an iPhone.

Trust me, I rarely offer feedback, but this is infurating - you've added friction in my user experience.

Two things:

1) Horizontal lists are bad when I want to consult over 5 items.  Bring back the vertical list for Recently Played, as I usually play music from many playlists/albums

2) Allow me to view Recently Played with no network connectivity

This has been a bad change for my user experience and I do hope that I will be able to view my Recently Played as a vertical list in the near future.

Updated on 2019-07-18

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-07-18

We’re closing this idea as it doesn’t follow one or more of the following Idea Exchange requirements:

• One change request per Idea. If you have more than one idea please make a new Idea submission for each.
  • Ideas should be posted in English.
  • Asking for a complete roll back will be closed--we need specific feedback on exactly what you are liking/ disliking about the latest update (but again one idea per thread).
  • Idea posts must follow the Spotify Community Guidelines.

Please post a detailed explanation of the change you’d like to see, with one idea per thread again in the Idea Submissions board.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here