[Mobile] Buffer multiple Tracks

If I'm listening to Spotify on my phone while traveling (on the train for example) chances are I'm gonna go through areas with better 3G signal than others, inevitably there will be periods with no signal.

It would be great if Spotify could buffer the next few tunes in the play queue when its able to, that way I won't have to tolerate silence when I'm out of signal. I know I can make offline playlists but I don't have a huge amount of space and my playlists are pretty big.

Ideally this would work when Spotify is playing in shuffle mode aswell as normal.

edit: As has been mentioned in the comments here, a system like this would need to have some kind of user-definable buffer size, whether it be in terms of number of songs or data size. This is important as different people have different restrictions from their network carriers. The selectable option to buffer only from wi-fi may also be beneficial.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
mutantdog
Roadie

Thats a really good point. The buffer size should be manually adjustable.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!