[Mobile][Car View] Disable Behind the Lyrics automatically when in Car View

Lyrics and/or Behind the Lyrics feature should not pop up on mobile without being intentionally activated by the user as many users are IN THEIR CARS DRIVING!!!!! It should default as deactivated each time mobile app is opened, so unsuspecting drivers don't suddenly find themselves essentially watching TV/reading about their favorite song while driving. If users are not driving of course they should be able to easily click on something that allows them to activate it if desired. (Maybe after a nice warning not to activate while driving.)

As it stands, it is like driving with a mini behind the lyrics TV show in the car. Beyond dangerous. I found myself reading the back story and lyrics to "Once in a Lifetime" by the Talking Heads again and again while driving, and I am adament about road safety. It's just that distracting. Who knew the producer didn't like that particular track? Now I do, during rush hour on a busy street. Worst part is, I had NOT activated it. It just popped up on its own. HELP!!!!

Updated on 2020-03-27

Hey @heb444 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (100 per year) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to develop your Idea and post it again, with a link to the original one, to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-13

Marked as a new idea + edited title slightly 🙂

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-03-27

Hey @heb444 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (100 per year) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your suggestion, we encourage you to develop your Idea and post it again, with a link to the original one, to give it a chance to gain more votes.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂