Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Select default sound device for Spotify Connect

Currently Spotify defaults to using the default sound device when launched, it would be neat if you could choose which sound device you want to use instead in the options screen.

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-23

Hey everyone,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
slapify

Please please please implement this feature and stop closing requests so quickly.

brent999

The Windows 10 app, and the mobile apps too, should all let the user set a default device for playback (such as a Sonos or Echo speaker), which Spotify will remember, and attempt to reconnect to next time it's launched and asked to play.

1eonhard

Just because "Windows 10 now lets you set the default output device on a per-app basis" doesn't mean the problem has been solved for Mac users or users on other platforms?

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-07-31

Hey!
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status. Have in mind that the idea will continue open for getting votes, so if you still feel strongly about it, continue sharing it with more users.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension!

SchwartzReports

This would be super useful for those of us using the Car Thing at our office desks. Please reconsider.

zerobitsmith

+1. I think this would be a really useful feature across all the Spotify clients that support "Connect", not just mobile.

Make it possible (emphasis: this should be a configurable option) to set a certain "connect device" as the default playback target, when that device is available.

I primarily play Spotify via a Chromecast Audio (CCA) that's plugged into the studio mixer + monitors in my office. But, since the CCA is headless, I keep the desktop Mac app open to select what I want to play, like songs, see lyrics, manage playlists, etc.

I *never* want to have Spotify actually play from my Mac, I *always* want that desktop client to control the CCA. But, at present, any time I pause Spotify for any period of time, the app "forgets" that it's controlling the CCA. I have to, every time, re-select the CCA as the target device for my audio.

chulse

Very sad response on this. Changing the output device in Windows is a pain. Even the Amazon music app lets you select your device directly in the app - much easier than digging into windows settings every time you want to swap between headphones or speakers...

trex006

I use a sonos move at my desk. I can't set it as the default device for my Mac since it's AirPlay. It would be great if I could tell Spotify to connect to it by default whenever it starts up without having to select it every time.

Yordan
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-08-23

Hey everyone,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
evobvb09

For anyone who is trying to fix that you can set under Windows 10 and 11 under Settings / System / Sound / App-Volume last part when you scroll completly down in option sound a different audio device for a single app this will work like a implementation of this feature