[Mobile][Connect] Apple watch streamimg (without Iphone)

Any related issue to this has been posted as "implemented".  This issue has many followers and the demand is there.  You are losing subscribers over this issue. 

The Apple watch app from Spotify doesn't allow offline playback or streaming via cell service without the use of a slaved iPhone.  This is a crucial feature that seems fairly simple on the surface since every other mobile device has this feature.  

Spotify's direct competition (Apple Music) has this figured out and unfortunately is causing faithful and loyal customers to Spotify to walk away because we aren't getting realistic updates on this issue... Instead you are telling folks it is solved.  

I have lots of love for you...my suggestion is you give developers an apple watch with cell service and let them figure out the major shortcomings of the current app.  

Hey @Cosmo-C17,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Apple-Watch-Spotify-Streaming-and-Offline-Listening/...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here :)

Have a nice day!

Comments
Camweeks

I would like to get an Apple Watch but without offline playback or cellular streaming available directly on the watch, I will be forced to switch to Apple Music. Please figure this out as this isn’t a new or novel idea.

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hey @Cosmo-C17,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Apple-Watch-Spotify-Streaming-and-Offline-Listening/...

Please vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here :)

Have a nice day!

ChrisZibit
Visitor

Don’t you get it? This is not a doublicate. He’s pressing the fact we’re losing faith in your development when Apple Music has cellular streaming for years now and there is no valuable word on when and even if we can expect this critical feature.

I am a long time customer and am heartbroken to switch but when there is spring I want to go running without an iPhone in my pocket. It’s as simple as that and with millions of AirPods sold and Series 4 as such a strong device I’m not the only one here.