[Mobile][Developer] Alternate session

Sometimes you want to listen to some old songs impulsively, or you might be listening to a playlist for hours on end that you wouldn’t want being on your recommended playlists.

this is where I propose ‘ironic mode’ or ‘suggestion pause mode’ or title to a similar effect, where, once activated, pauses automated suggestions for these songs, similar to private session, instead of your friends seeing your activity it is the recommendation algorithm.

this will enable a cleaner recommendation playlist, enabling a more accurate and useful ‘discover weekly’ playlist, that isn’t diluted with songs similar to songs that you would prefer not be in there (old music, revision songs that you listen to in the evening that could be accessed via a playlist radio, etc). Alternatively, there could be multiple types of ‘Discover weekly’, based on types of genres that you have been listening to over the week. 

This idea has come about due to me listening to DJ Khaled about 4 times this week, and he is starting to appear on my Home Screen, and songs similar to him have appeared in my daily mixes. I rarely listen to him, so feel this feature could be useful in due course.

Thank you for making Spotify enjoyable to listen to!

Updated on 2021-06-01

Hey  @Jack182 ,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since this is already a feature - you can set the app to Private listening mode and it won't influence any of your recommendations. You can learn more about it here.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
Mihail
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-06-01

Hey  @Jack182 ,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since this is already a feature - you can set the app to Private listening mode and it won't influence any of your recommendations. You can learn more about it here.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!