[Mobile] Disable artwork on lock screen

Please make an option, where I can disable the album arts, and they don't appear on the lockscreen when I'm listening to music. Thanks you!

Updated on 2019-02-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Tom__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-22

👋 @Dmcy,

I'm marking this as a new idea, I've updated it a little bit to make it easier to find.

steve1927

Please Spotify sort**bleep** out.

Commandeering my lockscreen. The only way to remove it is to not allow notifications and lose the player widget.

So it's both or neither. Come on, I mean please you wouldn't think it was 2018 FFS.

lg777

Yes, this should be an option and at least the size of the artwork.  Google Play has this option.  Please fix this as this is almost enough for me to switch services.  Funny how little things like this annoy people, though.  Thanks,

sophward96

Yes!! Please give us a simple toggle to turn off the album art feature! I chose my own lock screen for a reason - I want to see it when I wake my phone, but since I'm almost always listening to music, all I ever see is ugly low res images of album artwork... surely this is such a simple fix!

spacellama
Casual Listener

I think I've worked out how Spotify make sure they don't be too act on issues with sufficient votes. Keep on closing the old ones and allowing duplicates to open to keep each issue under 100 votes per year. Meanwhile, each issue has 50 votes per 6 months. Meanwhile, imagine how much time it would take a competent programmer to put a checkbox in Spotify's settings. Spotify must be short of competent programmers. Probably full of project managers and no actual coders.

Marsroverr

Would be nice to see this change, especially as I feel the playback notification in Oreo and above makes the lockscreen album art redundant. It's been done in Google Play Music and I would like to have this feature in Spotify as well.

travelmaniac

I would like to have this option on Android also.
(Very annoying to get some covers on the lockscreen..)

thedangardiner

Google music has implemented this. Please follow in their footsteps Spotify! 

Krazes

Please add this feature

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-02-11

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke