[Mobile] Display full Title in Lists

I listen to a lot of classical music a lot on Spotify, and I'm disappointed that Spotify makes things so difficult for me. For classical music listeners, "songs" aren't the way we organize our music. So changing the way "song titles" are displayed is essential.

Here's what happened when I tried to search for Mahler's 2nd symphony the other day. This is really crazy:

IMG_1780.PNG

Clearly, they're not listening to their classical music loving customers.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Casual Listener

I totally Agree. 

conwilso

Agreed. The layout of spotify just doesn't work for classical music, due to the number of renditions of the same music by different performers throughout the years. So displaying a composer like an "artist" doesn't exactly work when there are hundreds of albums under Mozart.

I would suggest listing classical composers in a different way, for example:

I search for Mozart, then there is a listing under his Artist page of the various collections of Mozarts work, which is most likely what I'm looking for as if I was looking for a specific rendition I would search for the performer. Then under each collection is the various albums which contain those pieces of music.

The system I suggested wouldn't be perfect either, but there is certainly a need to dispaly classical music in an alternative way.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-12-09

Marked as new idea and edited the idea to let it focus on the request about better displaying long titles on mobile devices. For your other suggestions, please create separate suggestions. 😉

jorgen_k

The need for complete title is obvious not only for classical music.

amordechai

Yes! It's a nightmare if you are a classical music fan (and other genres, I suppose!)

nitramwin
Music Fan

The OP has a perfect screenshot describing the problem. Spotify, please address!

ArcTanSuan

We really need this critical feature for the mobile app. Otherwise, a lot of classical music fans will be very disappointed.

dherzberger
Yeah +1 Furthermore: a bookmark when stop listening an album. Would be nice to start with the Same song even if i switch between different albums
JMinSF
Gig Goer

Searching for a particular aria in Bach's St. Matthew's Passion yesterday, of course finding that it's impossible to do this with Spotify's mobile app

IMG_1916.PNG

Storm1906
Casual Listener

What if you turn your phone on landscape mode ? I know it's annoying, but it can be a temporary solution 🙂