[Mobile] Enable skipping 15 seconds in songs, not just in podcasts, PLEASE

Skipping 15 seconds exists for podcasts, but for some reason isn't possible in songs. This makes it very hard especially to learn how to sing lyrics, and for other reasons.

It's not even a new feature request, it's just unblocking the feature for songs. You could even make it optional in the settings.

Edit: And you don't even have to add two buttons, you can enable a long-press on the prev/next buttons!

If there is a good design reason for this choice, please explain it.

(I know this has been requested in 2017 but it wasn't implemented, and the links to past similar topics, which sometimes aren't that similar, isn't helpful for someone wishing for a new feature. In this case, not even new.)

Thanks a bunch

Updated on 2021-07-21

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!

Comments
nimrodzin

I wholeheartedly agree. There’s no greater joy tan the joy of skipping. I often need to skip backwards to clarify lyrics or music bits tat blow my mind.

Fulfilling this request would make my listening experience even better than it usually is.

Don’t you think?

Thanks for suggesting something I  never knew I needed so much.

Kobig
Visitor

+1

thejoeofitall
Casual Listener

If it's about not adding buttons, because of screen real-estate, how about a long-press on the next/prev buttons?

Ver
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-07-21

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

A similar idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it!

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

Cheers!