[Mobile] Main Menu as Sidebar and not at the Bottom

Why is it now at the bottom below the song that's now playing? It's taking up 1cm of the screen. Now it's harder to have an overview over all the song in Playlists. Please add at least an option to remove it from there! Or at least to only show this bar with a swipe from the bottom up, I think that would be great.
I know I have a big device where it doesn't really matter, but there are a lot small devices out there.
And the new menu is really annoying to use if you are used to other apps.
Please also read the comments below, there are a lot of great ideas :)
Screenshot_20161121-173407.png

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

There's more info on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Comments
kimsey0
Music Fan

Apple recognized the need to have different designs on Android and iOS and changed Apple Music to Material Design a few weeks ago. Could Spotify do the same?

lordatrixjay

I hate this new layout. Back to left please!

Dark_Arc
Music Fan

The menu bar being on the bottom makes Spotify on Android just feel so out of place with literally every other app I have on the system; if for no other reason, I support this for that.

batdan5

Anyone else having trouble with the tab bar menu being hidden by the song title bar?

Flokke
Casual Listener

It's more than a year now that you changed this, and it still sucks. The tab bar keeps competing with the now playing bar, and the menu options are complete nonsense. I really wonder what you think we do with our library if it's not browsing?

Just go back to a proper androd navigation, this ios nav just doesn't come close..  

cuizable

v6.3.0.882 is the most up to date version that I was able to find that includes the hamburger menu on the left and also the better and smaller share menu. It's a music player, and I'm happy with this version. Every time I give the latest version a shot, I regret in about 3 minutes and revert back.

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-29

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

There's more info on how the Ideas Exchange works here.