[Mobile] Mobile Language Options

I was very puzzled and frankly quite disappointed to find that Spotify mobile does not give you the option to change your language without changing your entire device system language.  Why on Earth would the feature of being able to choose your language be available to desktop users and not mobile??  Why is it that almost every mobile app I have, several of which are made far less professionally and on far smaller budgets than Spotify, can manage to provide a language changing menu but Spotify cannot?  

This might seem inconsequential to some (clearly, it did to someone at Spotify), but I like to have apps in different languages, some of which I am still learning and don’t know well enough to want my whole phone system in.  I really don’t think this is a huge or unrealistic thing to ask for given that, again, many many many apps without the resources Spotify has have managed to do this (without being asked).

I am sorry if I sound frustrated.  It is because I am.  I would really like this glaring oversight fixed as soon as possible 🙂

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2020-02-19

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-02-08

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2020-02-19

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke