[Mobile][Music] New library (artists and albums). Bring back the old interface!

Does anybody know which is the advantage of this update of the Library?

Before we had an alphabetic list of saved artists, and similar for albums. Now, it is a great mess!!!

Also, I cannot filter by artist with downloaded songs, like before.

Also, the whole thing is less responsive. I click on an artist, and it takes several seconds until the songs load... (and my phone is new and fast, and this went super fluently before this crappy last update).

Spotify, please, can you explain which is the rationale behind this updated library? because, honestly, I see ZERO advantages with respect to the previous one, and many disadvantages!

After many years, this makes one consider switch to an alternative, if it existed... Most of the updates do things worst and worst.

Stop updating the apps (mobile and desktop) with random updates that does not bring any value to your product, please.

Updated on 2019-07-16

Hey @qrty 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idc-p/4698025

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)

Related Ideas

Comments
natalielawrence
Casual Listener

Seriously!! I see the appeal in having artists you follow be its own separate thing, but that does not in the slightest mean that they should get rid of what they had before which was not only perfectly fine but also significantly better.

I believe they should at the very least adopt an option to sort these "recommended artists" which is what they're calling them now so that we can still find and utilize the method that was working quite well for playing liked songs by artists. Even better, they could revert it to the version before this update, and add a tab for artists that you follow, getting the best of both worlds!

I feel your frustration :( 

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-16

Hey @qrty 

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idc-p/4698025

Any update on the matter should be posted there.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. :)