[Mobile][Music] Permanent Audio Focus for Spotify

Hello!

My idea is that there could be a setting for a "permanent audio focus" in Spotify in which the app will ignore all other audio sources and will not be interrupted. This would mean starting a game, watching a video, etc. would not stop the music from the Spotify app. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to listen to David Bowie as I play my Space Agency game or listen to the Ratatouille soundtrack as I watch how to make an omelette ;) Obviously some people might not want this, so it would be a setting to be checked or left unchecked depending on whether people wanted Spotify to have a permanent audio focus on their device.

This idea stems from the fact that I listen to music constantly but am often interrupted when I want to see a short video about making omelettes or play a game where the little sound effects force Spotify to turn off. One example of this feature being implemented in another app is seen in Musixmatch; I am basically describing exactly what they did with their app. Of course I could just play my Spotify through the Musixmatch app and keep the permanent audio focus there, but I'm not a fan of the Musixmatch player for Spotify, and I'd much rather keep my beautiful/highly functional Spotify UI and daily mixes + radio stations.

Hopefully there are some of you who think this is a good idea and not just a waste of time :) And although this probably won't be a huge priority for the dev team, I'm wholeheartedly convinced this will make Spotify a stronger, more useable music app.

Thanks so much for your time!!
20170101_120414.png

Updated on 2018-01-01

This Idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
viniciusds

And about this idea...?

user-removed
Not applicable

YES this would drastically improve my life.

hany82

I really miss this feature in poweramp where I can listen to my music on the background uninterrupted by aby other player or browser that could produce any sound

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-01-01

This Idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!