[Mobile][Music] Separate Your Library from Liked Songs & Followed Artists; distinguish liked & saved

Let me say that I think much of the new UI update is fine, and includes some good ideas! Unlike other posts here, I’m not advocating Spotify just “go back” to the old UI. 

Allowing people to *filter* their artists into just those they follow is a great idea! Having just songs that are directly liked go into the liked songs playlist is a good idea!

But those should be *separate* from the way you access the songs you save to your library. Almost everyone I know who uses Spotify used it the same way iTunes, iPods, google play, Apple Music, basically any digital form of listening to music has ever worked: you save songs or albums or part of an album to your music collection, and then you can access those same set of songs by the artists’ names, albums’ names, song titles etc. The new update ruined this experience for many, many users, and effectively destroyed my library as I had grown it. 

The goal of the new additions, in giving users new ways to group their music, is fine! Great even, but there was no need to take away other functionality. The old way and the new way didn’t have to be mutually exclusive. Saving a song could be differientiated from liking it! More options are better, removing functionality is bad. 

I have no problem with the aesthetic changes to the UI, or the other changes to the way certain functions have been regrouped. The podcast changes seem positive! I do miss the way recently played was previously listed vertically, but could live without that. 

But for the love of music, PLEASE re-integrate the library as it’s own saved collection you can access via artist name, song name, and album name, separate from liked songs or followed artists. Allowing these options to exist side by side would truly make spotify better than it has ever been. 

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Natisnothere
Casual Listener

THIS!!!! It’s great to like a song but it’s definitely something different from saving it, same goes with adding or following artists. Upgrade the UI don’t demolish it.

Kris_200
Casual Listener

Exactly!! Saved and Liked songs would be really nice being separated!

Plus the giant hearts next to songs on like songs is really annoying, saved songs NEEDS to come back!

Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here