Announcements

[Mobile][Music] Show Explicit content option per default

Hi, you currently have in the setting the options to "Allows Explicit Content". However when an artist publishes two versions of his album (one explicit and an edited version) that preference is not taken into account.
Spotify often shows the edited version per default but it would be great, if the  "Allows Explicit Content" is checked, to show the explicit version per default as for mobile users, it is hard to switch album versions (which is easy on a desktop).

With regards,

Nikola.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2020-06-15

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Peter
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-08-06

Hey there,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange 🙂

Do you mind explaining your idea a bit more, perhaps by giving us some steps to reproduce the behaviour that you would like to change?

Bear in mind that, when the explicit content filter is applied on mobile, all explicit songs become greyed out and therefore unplayable.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Niktheroi
Regular

Hello Peter,

The example I had in mind when the issue popped up was fixed.

I am not sure if the issue is fixed but I'll keep you posted if I find a new example.

Here's the issue :

On the desktop version of the application, when you scroll down the list of songs, a list picker labeled "- more release" allows you to select an alternate version of the album released. This option is not available on mobile devices.

For example, this option can be found on the album Diaspora by GoldLink. When the album dropped I was only able to listen to the latest album release (because the list picker is not present on mobile devices) which was, at the time of writing, the censored version of the album even though I had in my configuration "allow explicit content".

Now here's the issue possible issue, if the release you show per default is the latest released version from the artist you might only be able to listen to a censored on mobile devices.

I suggest showing the explicit version per default if you have the "Allow Explicit Content" enabled. If so the setting could be renamed to "Show Explicit Content per default" to reflect its proper behavior.

Thank you for reading this endless and hopefully, it makes my first comment a bit clearer.

Daisy
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-08-26

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

0vd3eu8i6-_i8

This is a great idea. I'm constantly frustrated by listening to a track and realizing it's the censored version. I just want to be able to hide censored versions.

Xunnamius
Casual Listener

This should be high priority. This idea has been proposed again and again for years here (a quick search reveals several of the same idea). I don't want to hear censored music in my release radar when there's an uncensored version available!

Jacob
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2020-06-15

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active and recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request I encourage you to post your idea again in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!