Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Option to hide the Now Playing bar

When you start a song in the Spotify app, it opens a bar at the bottom of the app.
It shows you the songtitle and artist and has three buttons (link to another device, Like and play/pause)

This hovers over the other pages (Home, Search and Library) and stays always on top.
Somehow you can't hide it again. Even when the song has stopped or is paused
This is very annoying, I think.

So I would like to have an option to close the bar.

Updated on 2022-03-09

Hey @meeuwtje 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-12-14

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2022-03-09

Hey @meeuwtje 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Lord_Blizzard

How come 50 votes is not enough to make this OPTIONAL? I think this quite a big sample of people who where annoyed enough to actually look online for a solution to this issue, register on your forums and vote for it. I'm pretty sure 5 times more people simply gave up the all that hassle.

Whoever dislikes this can CHOOSE not to enable this option. This bar wasn't there before and somehow you didn't need any votes to introduce this bar that's constantly showing over any content. It's super annoying, just like you assuming that anything you introduce will automatically be loved by everyone. If you introduce anything new, make it OPTIONAL.