[Mobile][Other] Like in Lock Mode

Hey ! As we're often listening to Spotify with our phones locked, it would be great to have the possibility to "like" a song directly in the lock screen widget, without having to first unlock the phone, navigate to the Spotify app, go to the current song and finally hit the like button. Essentially this would require adding a little "Like" button to the Spotify Widget that appears on your phone's lock screen.

I think this would be a great feature that would make it so convenient to quickly add songs to our "Liked" playlists whenever we're listening to Spotify on the go or while working or in any situation really ! 🙂

Updated on 2021-05-18

Hey @adjavon 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
Elena
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-02-19

Hey @adjavon,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

This sounds like a repost of an older idea we had here.

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Dooie

This may involve collaboration with Apple, but adding the ability to like songs directly from the Lock Screen would greatly minimize the effort to unlock the phone, Pull up the Spotify app, Click the song ribbon to pull up the Now Playing, and finally click the heart icon to add it to my liked songs. Adding a like option to the Lock Screen music widget could let the listener achieve the task in a fraction of the time, greatly enhancing user experience. 

amitisraeli18
Visitor

Either to the left or the right of the right and left skip buttons, a heart icon should be added for an accessible and easy way to add a song to your liked

playlist.

dfost2010
Visitor

The Lock Screen for release radar or any similar playlist that focuses on music that the listener hasn’t heard should have the menu button to add to library or share the song. I’ve noticed that daily mixes have the button but consist of almost entirely songs that have either been liked before or listened to. It would make it more convenient to add new music to my library by not having to unlock my phone to do so. 

Di_fet
Visitor

Hello! Please add the "Add to Favorite Tracks" button in the mini-player, on the lock screen or in the notification center of iOS devices. Many thanks! You are best!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-05-18

Hey @adjavon 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Related Ideas