Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Other] Offline Mode Toggle easier to access

Change the position of the Offline Mode button.

Put it on the home screen or at the very top of the setting menu so that we don't have to search for it whenever we want to toggle from online and offline. 

Updated on 2022-08-23

Hey @-0yfvvy_xj7ir 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

Comments
lazykitkat

Hi! I think the offline toggle should be more accessible. right now its in the settings > playback. I think it would be better if it was in the main menu! Theres space at the bottom for that, and would save time, because i use it quite a lot, and I think that might save a lot of people time too.
I use ios, but ithink its similar across other smartphones too.

Marco
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-06-16

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

lazykitkat
Thanks Marco! Thought I did put it under new ideas, thats what I meant anyhow!
meaganobryan

YES PLEASE!! 🙂 

Please, please update! This would be a BIG improvement! Thank you.
dipvr6

why isn't this already a feature. how hard is it to get this? i have to enable/disable offline mode multiple times a day. Not everyone has unlimited data.

this really is frustrating enough to change to another music service. 

Da2baman
Just wanted to give this topic a bump, and add that I like to use offline mode on my smartphone in my car, but that's only when I remember to switch in on while I'm still parked. Hunting for it in settings > playback while driving is a bad idea, and having easy access to the toggle in iOS/Android would be highly practical. As it is I usually switch back to my iTunes library to avoid eating data/getting into an accident.
bigbard27
I also would absolutely like a quick and easy way to toggle offline mode. In some other feature idea posts similar to this one, I saw mention of a homescreen widget/button which would be my ideal way to do this. A 1x1 button to toggle the setting would be very simple and quick to use.
mini-moe

Agree with this request. Could you please look at integrating the option to toggle on/off Offline Mode via 3D touch on the app icon?

PLEASE. I switch between modes very often, and it's confusing for new users, such as my 60 year old dad, who think its' too complicated to switch back and forth.