Announcements

[Mobile][Playlists] Ability to Merge Playlists

It's simple to implement, yet very effective idea. The ability to play from several playlists at the same time would provide users a lot more flexibility.

Say your playlists are organized by genre AND by decade, (ex. hip hop 1990s, hip hop 2000s, R&B 1990s, R&B 2000s) you could want to listen to all decades of a specific genre and select both hip hop 1990's and hip hop 2000s, or if you want to listen from a decade you select hip hop 1990s and R&B 1990s.

Understanding you can currently add different playlists to a queue, but the shuffle doesn't work very well when using the queue and there's a limit of 50 tracks.

Understanding you can manually merge two playlists together into a bigger playlist, but that becomes unwieldy as there are many combinations that one could want and when you add a song to one of the "building blocks" you would also have to add that song to any other "combined playlist" you have, which is a very manual process.

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

You might also want to look into playlist folders, in which case we think the following ideas would be interesting for you as well:

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again, highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones.

Comments
Casper2020
4tndt-_kgozg

I like my separate playlists but sometimes I want to shuffle several playlists all together. 

Please implement this. It will really improve my experience as a listener.

Xenia
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2021-08-03

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely: “Checking for existing ideas.”

Similar ideas have already been suggested - It's well worth adding your vote to show your support:

You might also want to look into playlist folders, in which case we think the following ideas would be interesting for you as well:

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again, highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones.

Env: prod