Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Mobile][Playlists] NR Shuffle (Non-repeat Shuffle - NRS)

New feature suggestion on spotify, called 'Hard shuffle (HS)' or 'NR Shuffle (Non-repeat Shuffle - NRS)'

MOTIVATION:
 -
Create a new 'feature' of 'shuffle play';
 - Sometimes, even though the odds are low, when repeating a playlist in 'shuffle play' mode we come across the same songs at later times;
 - Example: I have a playlist with 25 hours of Drake's songs, however, sometimes the songs are repeated, causing me to not be able to hear all the songs in the playlist using the 'shuffle play' mode;
 - Still in the same example, assuming that TODAY I put my playlist on 'shuffle play' and listen to songs like "God's Plan" and "Controlla", nothing prevents that, TOMORROW when I put the same playlist on 'shuffle play', these songs be played again.

SOLUTION:
 -
Create a new 'feature' of 'shuffle play' ( 'Hard shuffle (HS)' or 'NR Shuffle (Non-repeat Shuffle - NRS)' );
 -
Provide the user with the option of choosing a minimum time in which the played song will not be played again;
 -
The period would be from 1 day to 7 days or the option ' Until Play All Songs  ';
 -
Example: If I choose the 1 day option on 'Hard Shuffle' and listen to "God's Plan", this song will not be played again before the 24 hour period (1 day);
 -
Example 2: If I choose the 7-day option on 'Hard Shuffle' and listen to "God's Plan", that song will not be played again until after the 7-day period);
 -
Example 3: If I choose the 'Until Play All Songs' option in 'Hard Shuffle' and listen to "God's Plan", that song will not be played again until all songs in the playlist are played (the playlist would be "reset ").

Thank you for your attention.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Updated on 2022-08-14

Hey @Willekeurig,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our  Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them below:

Cheers!

Comments
Kiril
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2022-08-14

Hey @Willekeurig,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our  Idea Exchange guidelines, namely “Checking for existing ideas”.

Similar ideas have already been suggested - feel free to add your vote to them below:

Cheers!